A journey begins  

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Today I visited my local GW shop and watched a game of 40K.  I was drawn to the rhinos at first then seeing the enthusiasm of the kids playing drew me more into the game. After watching the back and fourth and ever changing strategy for an hour I walked up and spoke to the man that would now make me broke, the GW manager.

He took the time and explained the pluses and minuses of all troops and asked a few questions of me and we both decided Chaos Space Marines Black Legion would be my starting army.

Now the purchase he said to start out slow since I had not clue how to play so a 1500 point army plus or minus.

Here is what I bought:

DSCN0345

The list

1 Rhino

1 Vindicator

1 Box Chaos Space Marines(10)

1 Box Chaos Terminators(5)

1 Box Death Guard Plague Marines(7)

1 Box Thousand Sons (9)

Chaos Space Marine codex

Now I am sure there are a number of different armies out there but remember I have no clue this is a journey and learning experience.